Realtors in Bucks County, PA: Special Programs and Services for Seniors and Retirees

Seniors and retirees looking for special programs or services offered by realtors in Bucks County, PA have plenty of options. From Dom Care homes certified annually to ensure they meet health and safety standards to the Bucks County Housing Authority providing affordable public housing for eligible seniors, families, and people with disabilities - there are plenty of resources available to help you find the perfect home. The Pennsylvania Department of Aging (PDA) recently announced the addition of Bucks, Lackawanna, Montgomery, Northumberland and Philadelphia to the counties that offer the Dom Care program. This program helps residents choose the homes that best fit their needs, preferences, and special interests.

All Dom Care homes are certified annually to guarantee they meet health and safety standards. The Pennsylvania Human Relations Act provides information on how to file a discrimination complaint. Additionally, Bucks County has resources available to help combat discrimination and promote diversity. Bucks County Housing Group is a private, nonprofit social services organization that provides a wide range of housing and related social services to homeless and lower-middle-income families. This website connects new Americans to the resources essential to living, working, and learning effectively in Bucks County. Bucks County's Habitat for Humanity is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing locally and globally by building, rehabilitating, and preserving housing; promoting fair and equitable housing policies; and training and accessing resources to help families improve shelter conditions. The Bucks County Housing Authority (BCHA) provides affordable public housing for eligible seniors, families, and people with disabilities. The program is currently available in Pike, Wayne, Monroe, Crawford, Union, Snyder, and Carbon counties.

The housing option selected must meet the minimum health and safety standards determined by the BCHA and the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).